At Christ Church C.E our aim is to nurture and empower our learners to achieve their own academic potential and gain the confidence and skills to ensure that they excel at our school, higher education/university and beyond.
We try our best
We take pride in our work
We give 100%
We treat people how we would like to be treated
We include each other
We take responsibility for our actions
We say we can
We have a go
We ask for help if we need it
We aim to succeed
We believe in ourselves
We learn from making mistakes
At Christ Church Primary School, we embrace our responsibility in preparing children for their next stage of education and for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life. We carefully lay the foundations so that our pupils can take their place successfully in modern British society.
The Department for Education states that there is a need “to create and enforce a clear and rigorous expectation on all schools to promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.” The government set out its definition of British values in the 2011 Prevent Strategy and these values have been reiterated by the Prime Minister. At Christ Church, these British Values are central to our vision of ‘Love, Learn, Discover’ and they are promoted and reinforced regularly in the following ways.
Specific examples of how we enhance understanding and respect for different faiths and beliefs include:
· in RE, PSHE and other lessons develop awareness and appreciation of other cultures both in the present day and in the past. We follow a scheme of work for RE and PHSE.
· carefully chosen learning themes that consider cultures from other parts of the world
· school to school networking with local primary schools (WEB cluster)
· assemblies are planned to reflect the diverse nature of our community and country through the inclusion of stories and celebrations from a variety of faiths and cultures
· members of different faith groups are encouraged to share their knowledge to enhance learning within classes and the school
The Governing Body at Christ Church CE Primary School fully endorses what, and how, the school is promoting British values but also recognise that, sadly, no school can guarantee that there will never be instances which are contrary to these values. However, such instances are rare and we actively challenge pupils, staff, governors or parents expressing opinions contrary to fundamental British values, including ‘extremist’ views, in line with our Behaviour Policy, Anti-bullying Policy and Equality and Diversity Policy.