Since 2012 Lewis Street and Christ Church have been working in partnership with Place2Be to provide a better future for our children.
Place2Be’s mission is to enhance the well being and prospects of children and their families by providing access to therapeutic and emotional support in schools.
Without support, children can have difficulties facing some of life’s challenges.
Place2Be support our children to make sure they are happier and able to learn, this includes:
- Providing support for children and giving them the tools to cope with life’s challenges
- Supporting parents, grandparents and carers to develop self-confidence, improving relationships with their children and school
Services for children
We work in primary schools across the UK offering:
- One-to-one counselling with a trained counsellor (short- and long-term), tailored to each child's needs
- Place2Talk, a drop in/self-referral service open to all pupils
- Group work on issues such as transition into secondary school, bereavement, friendship and self-esteem
Services for others
- Parents, grandparents and carers: counselling and support services
- School staff: support, consultation and training
- Partnership working with statutory agencies, voluntary sector partners and community groups